Friday, January 27, 2012

Blog Post 1

Part 1


Hi I'm Alex Mayfield. I am from Bayou La Batre, Alabama which is located in the southern region of Mobile County about 30 minutes away. I was born and raised there and have never lived anywhere else. I spend most of my time outside in the woods hunting or on the gulf fishing and shrimping. My family is big in the shrimping industry, it started with my grandpa and then my uncles got involved and its has trickled its way to me. My main interest though would have to be sports and music. If I am not outside on the water or in the woods I either listen to music driving around the local beach or out playing football, baseball, or basketball. My grandpa and I love Alabama football. Every Saturday it is me and him at his house watching the game. No matter what we are watching the Alabama game. When they won there second national title in three years just recently we was so excited and happy. If I could i would sit on the water all day with a pole in my hand listen to country music all day long. I also can play many musical instruments including: tuba, saxophone, trumpet, baritone, and trombone. I'm still working on how to play the gutiar.

As I said I am a huge Alabama Crimson Tide fan. I had always planned on going there for college. But as it has turned out, South gave me more money and I did not have the money to go to Tuscaloosa for school. So instead I am here in the Physical Education Major. I first started out in computer technology's. With in the first two months i had flunked out and realized that I could not program a computer the one important thing you have to do in that major. So i dropped it and realized that i have a huge passion for sports and what would be a better career for me then to coach sports. So I changed majors to be a PE teacher and to coach sports. With the dream to hopefully one day be able to move up to the University level.

Part 2


Randy Pausch explains that Americans over all are very bad with time time management, but great with money and focus with money. He has four questions to ask when doing a task. They are Why am i doing this? What is the goal? Why will i succeed? The last one What happens if i chose not to do it? You do not need to focus on doing the right things but focus on doing what is right. Experience is the most valuable thing to have. If you do not set up a plan for whatever it is your doing you are setting yourself up for failure. If the task is to big break it down into smaller task.

2 comments:

  1. Someone painted ROLL TIDE in red paint on our sidewalk last week. Where were you then?


    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,

    Welcome to EDM 310! I hope that you enjoy this class!

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete