Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blog Post 4

I have choose to do my three summaries on: Podcasting with 1st graders, Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom, and Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting. These three interested me the most.

Podcasting with 1st Graders
I like this post because I would have never thought about doing podcast with 1st graders. Knowing that the 1st graders enjoy it changes my opinion completely. They were interested in reading, not having to force them to read makes a huge difference. I would have always thought that they would not enjoy it. By doing podcast with them it not only gets them to want to read but also helps them with:listening, speaking, presenting, comprehension, storytelling, performance, voice acting, oral fluency,media, and technology. Having a first grader learn that much is terrific for their future.

Integrating ICT into the MFL classroom
This video really opened my eyes to just how effective podcasting can be. I would have never thought about recording a lecture, so that a student can go back and listen to it if they want. Nor would I have ever thought about if a student was sick that the student could listen to a podcast and not fall behind in class and have to be held back. It also can be used as a project as we are doing in our class. This enhances their creativity. Although these are great for student learning, parents can use podcast to know what the children are doing in school. This is important because parental interaction with the school is important for the student's success.

Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting
I like this post because it shows how you can use podcasting to help students learn how to edit. The more a student can learn at a young age the better. This post shows how podcasting helps with learning the subject English. How to correct mistake and put sentences together to tell a story. Knowing that kids younger then me are doing this is encouraging because I always struggled in English. I wish this would have been around when I was in 2nd grade.


I thought this blog was going to be dull and not important at all. I found out that I did not know as much as I thought and that the assignment helped me learn more about how podcast are a great tool in student education. I learned not only how podcast are helpful to students, but that parents can also benefit from them. If we can get more teachers to use podcast as a way for students to re-listen to the lecture that would be amazing because then the parents can also listen and aid their children if they need help. I am now all for podcast being used in the classroom.

1 comment:

  1. "I have choose to do..." chosen, not choose

    You need working links.

    "if a student was sick ..." were, not was. If requires the subjunctive mood. This is a common mistake. If you use if, use were in situations like this.

    "How to correct mistake..." add an s to mistake.

    "I found out that I did not know as much as I thought..." That happens a lot, and it happens to a lot of people, in EDM310. We are all learning which is what I want to happen here.

    You often use podcast when you should use podcasts. Reread your post and see what i mean.

    I look forward to listening to your podcast and the podcasts of other EDM310 students.

    Carly is holding a writing worksop this Thursday at 6pm in the Lab. You should consider attending.

    ReplyDelete