Sunday, April 15, 2012

Little Kids...Big Potential

children around computer


Mrs. Cassidy had a great idea with making technology such a big role in the classroom for 1st graders. Even better is that she got the parents involved. Which allowed them to know what the students were studying and helps them help them at home. This also helps the parents monitor their work at home. The blogs was a great idea because this helps with writing and language skills. Also the student were able to connect with people from around the world. I think the blog was the best thing for them to do because it not only helps with technology skills but also with social skills, along with the school skills I already mentioned. As much as a great idea this all is, I don't think I would be able to use this as a physical education teacher. I mean I could but who would enjoy a class where you can run around and let off some steam mixed with projects and computer work. That wouldn't be a practical thing I could use in a PE class. I would how ever encourage other teachers to use this assignment.

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Mayfield,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post.

    I too, think that Ms. Cassidy's students will have much better writing, language, and social skills because of their exposure to blogging.

    I read in your post that you don't think you could use blogging in your classroom as a PE teacher. Do you think that you could maintain a classroom blog on which you posted upcoming activities and such? It might allow your students to be more involved.

    Best,
    Eleanor Pomerat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,

    I actually agree with you that it would be hard to incorporate this style of teaching into a PE class, but I am glad to read that you are not opposed to including this when you can! Keep up the positive outlook!

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete